Our tasks include...
- Maintenance of all trees, shrubs and turf on campus, including mowing, trimming, weeding, planting, pruning, mulching, seeding, fertilization, watering, and leaf removal
- Maintenance, snow plowing, and salting/sanding of parking lots, sidewalks, and roadways
- Debris and litter pick-up, graffiti clearing
- Fence installation and maintenance, drain clearing, trucking, and equipment repair and maintenance
- Responsible for over 487 acres, over 234 acres of trees, shrubs, and turf, more than 3000
- Moving and trucking service assistance (e.g., moving furniture or storage boxes across campus). To schedule, submit a TMA Service Request.
Steps toward sustainability
- We do use pesticides or herbicides on campus
- We plant only native, zone hardy and site-specific plants which require less maintenance and water, and are working to plant more perennials on campus
- Irrigation on campus is limited to the athletic fields and the main green space
- We don't bag grass clippings
- We use only locally purchased compost and organic fertilizers